POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Suggestions for patterned blur : Suggestions for patterned blur Server Time
2 Sep 2024 04:16:32 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestions for patterned blur
From: Rune
Date: 3 Jun 2000 14:05:08
Message: <393948d4@news.povray.org>
Hello!

First I want to say that I think Megapov is really great!

Secondly I want to say that I have some suggestions for improvements. (Is
this the correct group for this?)

Here's some suggestions for the patterned blur feature:

1) Make the center of the patterns appear in the center of the image. Make
<-0.5,-0.5,0> be the lower left corner (instead of <0,1,0>) and <0.5,0.5,0>
the upper right corner (instead of <1,0,0>). This will make the patterns in
patterned blur work in the same way as normal patterns in the camera
statement does.

2) Make the amount of blur resolution-independent. Blur the image based on %
of width or something instead of in pixels. I really think we should
continiue the lovely idea that everything in a POV-Ray image is completely
resolution independent.

3) Support "non-integer blurring". Currently when you use patterned blur
certain bands appear because only "integer pixel blurring" is supported, and
not the values in between. It shouldn't be too hard to support non-integer
values too (said by a regular user unable to program pathes himself).

I hope you will consider these changes, as I think they are sensible and a
bit more consistent with the way official POV-Ray works. Feel free to ask me
for details if something is a bit unclear.

Greetings,

Rune

---
Updated April 25: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk
Containing 3D images, stereograms, tutorials,